IMPORTANT INFORMATION - STATEMENT OF PRIORITISATION
Due to the increased pressures the NHS is experiencing as a result of the COVID pandemic, GP practices have been advised to prioritise clinically urgent (High Priority) matters and postpone non-urgent routine work.
- If you have a request which is of an urgent nature, please do not hesitate to contact us. The best way to do this, is via econsult. To access eConsult, please click here.
- Please continue to attend tests, vaccinations and screening when invited.
- We kindly ask you to take the above into consideration. You may be advised to re-sechdule your consultation or postpone your request if it isn't deemed to be clincally urgent.
Following extensive trials, the first safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine has been approved in the UK and is now available to priority groups.
Vaccinations are being delivered according to priority groups;
- Patients aged over 80 years - Offered
- Patients aged over 75 years - Offered
- Patients aged over 70 years - Offered
- Adults on the NHS shielding patient lsit - Offered
- Patients aged over 65 years - Offered
- Adults under 65 years with long term conditions (please refer to priority groups list) - Offered
The Joint Committee of Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) will be administering the vaccinations. The vaccinations may not take place at your GP practice, but rather a local vaccination service (led by GPs, practice nurses and community pharmacists) who are responsible for delivering the vaccine to people in the community.
When it is the right time for you to receive your vaccination, you will receive an invitation to come forward. This may be via the phone, text message or through a letter either from your GP or the national booking system.
Those patients aged 50-64 can now call 119 and book a COVID Vaccination via the National Vaccination Programme - subject to availability.
We know lots of people will be eager to get protected but we are asking people not to contact us to get an appointment as you will not be able to get one until you are contacted.
For further information regarding the COVID-19 Vaccination, please click here or visit our Coronavirus update page.
eConsult - Consult Your GP Practice Online
To access GP appointments you will need to complete an eConsult.
For GP advice regarding health, request for sick notes, administrative forms such as referrals and letters, you will need to use eConsult – You can do this by clicking the eConsult banner below.
Appointments for nursing and vaccinations are still bookable via telephone.
We aim to address eConsults submitted before 15:00 on the same day. eConsults submitted after 15:00 will be addressed before the end of the next working day.
Please remember - You do NOT need an account to submit an eConsult
Welcome to Andover Medical Centre
Our Mission Statement
- Our aim is to provide outstanding, up-to-date health care within our resources, delivered with care and compassion.
- We endeavour to be responsive to patient’s needs but also offer to help manage their own health.
- The Andover Medical Centre is a learning environment that stimulates personal and professional growth, and encourages collaboration with other healthcare teams.
Please note all calls are recorded fo training and monitoring purposes