How to request Repeat Prescriptions
1. Please allow 48 hours, excluding weekends and Bank Holidays, for your request to be processed. Prescriptions should be requested at least two working days before your medication is due to run out.
2. Fill out a prescription request form at the reception desk or tick the medication list on the right hand side of a repeat prescription. If you prefer you can also manage your prescription requests online (you will need to be registered for access to online services).
3. Submit the prescription request by hand, post or fax. If you wish us to post it back to you, please enclose a stamped addressed envelope.
- We will not accept online repeat prescription requests for Warfarin.
- For safety reasons, prescription requests cannot be accepted over the telephone.
- Periodically you will have to attend to see your doctor for a review of your medications.
Please note that we may not be able to issue a repeat prescription to you if you are overdue for a medication review, at times the doctor may need to review your blood test results prior to issuing a new prescription. It is therefore very important that you attend medication reviews and manage your medication.
If you need assistance in managing your medication you may liaise with a local pharmacist who can assist you with repeat prescription requests.