Both you and your family's health matter to us. We would like to keep you informed about the latest health news, chronic health conditions and how to keep yourself healthy. We hope that our website proves to be a useful source of information for you and your family.
Health Awareness – Useful links
Better Lives - Islington's Drug and Alcohol Service (free and confidential support for individuals and families affected by drug and alcohol problems)
- Why is the UK seeing a rise in measles cases? August 19, 2019Three years after eliminating the infection, Britain has lost its 'measles-free status'. How?
- Edinburgh Fringe: Tourette's charity wants apology over award-winning joke August 19, 2019People with the condition are angered after Olaf Falafel's gag won an award following a public vote.
- The little-known spinal injury 'costing the NHS millions' August 19, 2019Cauda equina syndrome requires decompression surgery within hours to avoid catastrophic damage.
- Boris Johnson orders action to stop measles spread August 19, 2019A fall in uptake of the MMR vaccine means the UK has lost its measles-free status.
- Eduard Pernkopf: The Nazi book of anatomy still used by surgeons August 18, 2019Eduard Pernkopf created an "atlas" of anatomy by dissecting the bodies of Nazi political prisoners.