Both you and your family's health matter to us. We would like to keep you informed about the latest health news, chronic health conditions and how to keep yourself healthy. We hope that our website proves to be a useful source of information for you and your family.
Health Awareness – Useful links
Better Lives - Islington's Drug and Alcohol Service (free and confidential support for individuals and families affected by drug and alcohol problems)
- Royal Papworth Hospital rated 'outstanding' in all categories October 16, 2019Royal Papworth Hospital in Cambridge is the first in the UK to achieve the rating in all five areas.
- How dad saved son from 'scalding cuppa' scars October 16, 2019Each year hundreds of young UK children end up in hospital with severe but avoidable coffee and tea scalds, like Archie.
- NHS screening 'needs to fit with busy lives' October 16, 2019Mobile clinics and evening and weekend opening could help increase uptake of NHS screening programmes.
- The world's first artificial womb for humans October 15, 2019Doctors in the Netherlands say they are within 10 years of creating a 'second' womb for premature babies.
- Deadly parasite 'jumped' from gorilla to humans October 15, 2019Discovery of mutation 50,000 years ago could help in the fight against malaria.